Advertisement

Advertisement

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Why I go to church

I don't fear hell. I've been there. I don't judge the "saved" and "unsaved." I don't judge other religions. My views are pretty much "one God, many paths." I've gotten plenty out of Buddhism, Judaism and other "isms." But when I'm in worship, I'm reminded of one very powerful fact: God is in charge. I've seen WAY too many miracles to believe otherwise. It's convinced me beyond any reasonable doubt that God not only exists but is ultimately plotting out a plan -- or at the very least, a short term one. That's a Christian interpretation and those of other faiths may feel otherwise. But few can dispute that those with faith can bring light and happiness to the darkest places. Life can still be very difficult sometimes, but imagine it without faith! What a black hole.

I don't pretend to think God wants me to be rich or professionally successful. Maybe he/she doesn't. But what I do know is that the ego of the rich and powerful is not the ultimate authority. Wealth is transient. God's glorious grace is forever.

Stick it to The Man,
Pete

2 comments:

  1. Well said Pete! God is always in charge. I start every day, after thanking Him, by asking Him to gently remind me of that each day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, yeah! There's nothing spiritual about hatred and degradation.

    ReplyDelete